The report provides an overview of the location intelligence sector and highlights the demand drivers for the sector. We observed that growth in mobile has opened the door for an entire ecosystem to exist in the global navigation satellite system/positioning sub-vertical. Further, geographic information systems/spatial analytics are driving the new age of location intelligence. The report also includes brief profiles of companies operating in the sector
Key trends identified in the report include:
- With the advent of advanced location intelligence technologies, Location Intelligence 1.0 has given way to Location Intelligence 2.0
- The advent of 5G will be its downfall Location Intelligence 2.0
- Small location intelligence platforms are offering insights (once exclusive only to Silicon Valley darlings) and delivering the desired results for big companies as well as their customers
- Expected advances in location intelligence technologies set to drive industry growth
- Large companies are actively seeking to bolster (or monetize) their location intelligence capabilities.