With the second half of 2019 kicking off, we have recently published our perspectives on recent fintech trends and payments’ burgeoning role in retail. As large players continue to invest in the space, financial technology has demonstrated its critical and growing role within commerce.
As fintech companies rapidly evolve to meet consumer and retailer demands, payments are transforming both online and offline retail. Online retailers are looking to provide additional digital financial services to leverage their userbases, while offline retailers are aiming to transform traditional brick-and-mortar experiences by incorporating in-store financial technology.
Our research within the payments + retail intersection details our thoughts on:
- Market outlook: Financial technologies are evolving alongside ecommerce at a rapid pace
- Competitive landscape: Major global players are competing for payments revenue
- Global retailers are focusing on digital wallets and payment processing services
- “Super apps” are strengthening their market leadership by adding payment capabilities
- Payments majors are moving from online to in-store
- Retailers are inspiring loyalty through customer engagement and incentive programs
- Ecommerce leaders are innovating in-store, led by mobile checkout technology
- Alternative lending is disrupting legacy credit-based banking methods
The full report can be downloaded here.
All securities transactions are offered by and conducted through ComCap LLC, a broker-dealer registered with the SEC, and a member of FINRA and SIPC. This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any security or financial instrument and any email received with instructions to purchase or sell securities will not be acted upon. Pursuant to SEC and FINRA regulations, all incoming and outgoing email of persons associated with the broker-dealer are subject to review by the firm’s compliance administrators, principals, and its regulatory agencies.